III. International Congress of Bilingualism Studies and European Turks
28-29 May 2021 – Abstracts Book & Programme
We, as the İstanbul Medeniyet University, Bogazici University, Stockholm Embassy Education Counselor’s Office, and the Turkish Association of Students and Academics in Sweden are honored to organize the III. International Congress of Bilingualism Studies and European Turks which will be held online in 28-29 May 2021.
The theme of this year’s congress is “Raising a Bilingual Child“ and studies on this topic will be given priority. Other works on bilingualism and language education are also welcomed.
The official languages of the congress are Turkish and English.
We hope to have a fruitful congress for all participants.
The main theme of this congress is “Raising a Bilingual Child”. Papers on this topic will be evaluated separately but the papers about the following topics are also welcomed:
Assoc. Prof. Adriatik DERJAJ – University of Tirana, ALBANIA
Assoc. Prof. Alban FOÇI – University of Tirana, ALBANIA
Prof. Dr. Alpaslan OKUR – Sakarya University, TURKEY
Prof. Dr. Birsel KARAKOÇ- Uppsala University, SWEDEN
Prof. Dr. Cemal YILDIZ – Berlin Educational Counselor, GERMANY
Prof. Dr. Çiğdem SAĞIN ŞİMŞEK – Middle East Technical University, TURKEY
Prof. Dr. Firdevs KARAHAN – Sakarya University, TURKEY
Prof. Dr. Marie-Françoise MELMOUX-MONTAUBIN – Picardie University, FRANCE
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Ali AKINCI – Rouen University, FRANCE
Prof. Dr. Mehmet CANBULAT – Akdeniz University, TURKEY
Prof. Dr. Mirjana TEODOSIJEVIĆ – University of Belgrade, SERBIA
Assoc. Prof. Monika HASANI – University of Vlora, ALBANIA
Prof. Dr. Murat DEMİRKAN– Paris Educational Counselor, FRANCE
Prof. Dr. Mustafa ÇAKIR– Munich Educational Counselor, GERMANY
Assoc. Prof. Mustafa KURT – Gazi University, TURKEY
Prof. Dr. Mustafa S. KAÇALİN – Marmara University, TURKEY
Prof. Dr. Nazım İBRAHİM – Metodiy University, NORTH MACEDONIA
Assoc. Prof. Nezir TEMUR – Gazi University, TURKEY
Assoc. Prof. Sofia DELIJORGJI – University of Tirana, ALBANIA
Prof. Dr. Suat UNGAN – Karadeniz Technical University, TURKEY
Prof. Dr. İsmail GÜLEÇ – İstanbul Medeniyet University, TURKEY
Assoc. Prof. Bekir İNCE – İstanbul Medeniyet University, TURKEY
Prof. Dr. Belma HAZNEDAR – Boğaziçi University, TURKEY
Berrak Pınar ULUER – Turkish Association of Students and Academics in Sweden, SWEDEN
Mert Can YILMAZ – Turkish Association of Students and Academics in Sweden, SWEDEN
Ress. Assist. Murat TOPAL – Sakarya University, TURKEY
Lect. Ezgi İNAL – İstanbul Aydın University, TURKEY
– There is no registration fee for the BISET2021.
– Researchers are required to submit the abstracts of the studies they have carried (or will have carried) out on the aforementioned themes in accordance with the calendar of the congress.
– The submitted abstracts will be sent to the referees who will be designated by the scientific committee. The approach adopted for the refereeing process is “double-blind peer review”.
– The abstracts will be evaluated via the paper evaluation form prepared on a scale of 100 and the papers which get less than 50 points will be rejected.
Paper: The duration for the presentation for individual or the joint papers is 20 minutes and the duration for the discussion is 10 minutes. The abstract should not be over 400-500 words and should include the topic, research question the techniques in addition to the samples and the bibliography.
If you would like to participate as “listener” please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a registration form together with the details.
If the full text of the proceedings presented at the congress is submitted until 1 July 2021, we will have the opportunity to publish the article in either of the following publications:
1. The “Proceedings Books” which will be published by the Turkish Association of Students and Academics in Sweden
2. Journal article in the Turkophone Journal (indexed by Cite Factor, Türk Eğitim İndeksi, Asos İndeks, ResearchBib, and MLA International Bibliography)
The “Congress Abstracts Book” will also be published online.