Call for papers
The fourth International Congress of Bilingualism Studies and European Turks, which will be held in the Amsterdam (BCN Amsterdam Arena, Hoogoorddreef 5, 1101 BA Amsterdam, Holland: Click here for address.) on March 18, 2023, will be organized by Tulip Institute with the support of Istanbul Medeniyet University and Presidency for Turks Abroad and Related Communities. We will be very happy and honored to host you valuable academicians at our congress.
The main theme of our congress has been determined as “Common Problems in the Mother Tongue of Bilingual Children in Europe and Solution Suggestions” and priority will be given to studies on these issues. In addition, the congress is open to other issues related to bilingualism and language teaching.
Official languages of the Congress are Turkish and English.
It is our greatest wish that our congress will be productive and successful for the participants and organizers. We will be pleased to meet you at the IV. International Congress of European Turks and Bilingual Studies.
Prof. Dr. Cemal YILDIZ
Turkish-German University Rector
Prof. Dr. Tolga ERDOĞAN
Milan Education Attaché
Scope and Topics of the Congress
The main theme of the congress this year is “Common Problems in the Mother Tongue of Bilingual Children in Europe and Suggestions for Solutions”. Future papers on this subject will be considered separately, but the following topics will also be considered:
- Education of bilinguals
- Prepare material for bilinguals
- Educational models of bilinguals
- Bilingual education policies
- Educational problems of bilingual children in both languages
- Bilingual education programs
- Bilingualism and cultural issues
- Bilingual children’s education and non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- New directions in the education of bilinguals
- Bilingualism studies in the world
- Bilingualism studies in Europe
- Academic studies on bilingual children in Europe
- Bilingualism and integration
- Problems and solutions in the education of bilinguals
- Bilingualism and sociolinguistics
- Studies on future perspectives of bilinguals in language teaching
- The situation of course materials in teaching Turkish to bilinguals
- Prof. Dr. Alpaslan OKUR – Sakarya University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Birsel KARAKOC- Uppsala University, SWEDEN
- Prof. Dr. Cemal YILDIZ – Turkish-German University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Çiğdem SAĞIN ŞİMŞEK – Middle East Technical University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Firdevs KARAHAN – Kocaeli Health and Technology University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Marie-Françoise MELMOUX-MONTAUBIN – University of Picardie, FRANCE
- Prof. Dr. Mehmet Ali AKINCI – University of Rouen, FRANCE
- Prof. Dr. Mehmet CANBULAT – Akdeniz University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Mirjana TEODOSIJEVIĆ – University of Belgrade, SERBIA
- Prof. Dr. Murat DEMİRKAN– Marmara University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Mustafa ÇAKIR– Anadolu University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Suat UNGAN – Karadeniz Technical University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Mustafa S. KAÇALİN – Marmara University, TÜRKİYE
- Prof. Dr. Nazım İBRAHİM – Methodius University, NORTH MACEDONIA
- Assoc. Dr. Adriatic DERJAJ – University of Tirana, ALBANIA
- Assoc. Dr. Alban FOÇI – University of Tirana, ALBANIA
- Assoc. Dr. Celile Eren ÖKTEN – Bern Education Consultant, SWITZERLAND
- Assoc. Dr. Monika HASANI – University of Vlora, ALBANIA
- Prof. Dr. Nezir TEMUR – Gazi University, TÜRKİYE
- Assoc. Dr. Sofia DELIJORGJI – University of Tirana, ALBANIA
- Prof Dr. Mustafa KURT – Gazi University, TÜRKİYE
Prof. Dr. İsmail GÜLEÇ – İstanbul Medeniyet University, TÜRKİYE
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Bekir İNCE – İstanbul Medeniyet University, TÜRKİYE
Melek YÜCEL – Stichting Tulip Institute for Turkish Language and Culture, NETHERLANDS
Sevda KOOL – Stichting Tulip Institute for Turkish Language and Culture, NETHERLANDS
Dr. Murat TOPAL – Sakarya University, TÜRKİYE
Lect. Ezgi İNAL – İstanbul Aydın University, TÜRKİYE
Lect. Meryem GÖKER – İstanbul Medipol University, TÜRKİYE
Fatih ÖZATA – Alte Technology, TÜRKİYE
||Bi-author||Three or more authors
|Fee||50 €||75 €||100 €|
|Virtual Presentation: 30 €|
|Listener: 10 €|
– Submitted abstracts will be sent to the referees to be determined by the scientific committee. The approach adopted in the reviewing process is the “double-blind referee application”.
– With the prepared paper evaluation form, the abstracts will be evaluated out of 100 and the papers that do not get 50 out of 100 will be rejected.
– The accounts to which the participation fees will be deposited will be announced later.
Papers: 15 minutes will be allocated for the presentation of single or joint papers and 10 minutes for discussion. Abstracts should cover the subject, research question and methods, provided that it does not exceed 400-500 words, including examples and bibliography.
Those who want to participate in our congress as a “listener” should send an e-mail to “email@example.com” stating their requests. The “Audience participation form” will be sent to you by the congress secretariat and you will be asked to fill in this form.
In case the full texts of the papers presented in our congress are delivered to us by February 15, 2023;
* It will be published as an article in Turkophone journal indexed by Cite Factor, Turkish Education Index, Asos Index, ResearchBib, PeDeFe and MLA International Bibliography.
In addition, the congress abstract book will be published on our website.
Congress Venue and Transportation
IV. International Congress on European Turks and Bilingualism Studies will be held this year in Amsterdam / Netherlands at the following address.
Atlas Arena Complex
Gebouw Azië – 5th floor
1101 BA Amsterdam
Transportation from Schiphol Airport to BCN Amsterdam Arena
Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA. Get off at Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA station. After 50 meters from the airport, head in a northeast direction. After 250 meters turn southwest. After 100 meters go northeast again for 150 meters. The BCN Amsterdam Arena building will be on your left.
BCN Amsterdam Arena from Schiphol Airport
Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA. Get off at Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA station. Turn left 50 meters after leaving the airport. Proceed 250 meters and then turn right. After 100 m turn left again and go 150 meters. The BCN Amsterdam Arena building will be on your left.
Train tickets can be purchased at the blue/gray Public Transport Ticket machines at Schiphol. You can find them at the baggage carousels number 3 in the “Arrivals” direction and a little outside number 3 in the “Departures” direction or next to the escalators up to “Departures 3”. You can buy your one-way ticket for €4,50 and you can also buy your Amsterdam Travel Ticket from these machines. Or you can buy your ticket with the help of an authorized person at the “International Ticket Service Desk” inside the Schiphol building. You can also buy tickets online if you download the NS Reisplanner application for Dutch train stations to your phone.